Thursday, November 11, 2010

10 examples

Bombs
1.Shannon's brain tumor.
2. There was a little girl that was absent for a week and when she returned wasn't living with her mother and stepfather anymore.
3. There was a big girl who threw up in the bathroom every morning and then disappeared from school.
4.A teachers husband had a heart attack and died.
5. A friend's sister was arrested for selling drugs.
6. A boy I thought I knew, a school clown with a weet crooked grin, shot himself in the woods behind his house.
7. A car full of senoir boys, going home from a dance where I'd been sent into ecstasy when the cutest of them all greeted me by name, rounded a curve too fast and crashed, killing them.
8. And then my bestfrined, a beautiful girl of sixteen, went to sleep one January night and never woke up.
9. A beloved professor lost two children to leukemia.
10.The marriage I entered into with optisim ended in bitter divorce.
Entropy
1. On he same day my car broke down(again), my refriferator conked out and I learned that I needed root-canel work in my right tooth.
2 The windows in the bedroom were still leaking every time it rained and my son's baby sitter was still failing to show up every time I really needed her.
3. My hair was turning gray and my typewritter was wearing out.
4. The house needed paint and I needed glasses.
5. My son's sneakers were developing holes and I was developing a deep sense of futility.
6. Wood rots, metal rusts, people wrinkle and flowers wither.
7. Children's rooms, left on their own, tend to get messy, not neat.
8. Even mountains wear down; even the nuclei of atoms decay.
9. when the partners are too preoccupied to patch small things up, almost guaranteeing that they will fall apart.
10. A seed soaks up some soil and some carbon and some sunshing and some water and arranges it into a rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment